Samsung is due to announce the Galaxy S8 and S8+ on the 29th March. At the current rate of leaked specs, videos and more, Samsung could save some money and cancel the press event!.
So below are all all the latest (leaked) information –
– 3D Touch-style home button
– Samsung’s Bixby AI assistant
– Video capture at 1,000 frames per second slow motion
– Dual-curved edges
– Quad HD+ resolution
– 5.8 and 6.2-inch screen sizes
– 18:9 aspect ratio
– Processor: Exynos 8895 / Snapdragon 835.
– RAM: 4GB/6GB. (6GB only for China)
– Rear camera: 12MP f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
– Front camera: 8MP f/1.7, dual video call, Auto HDR
– Battery: 3,000mAh, 3,500mAh for larger version
– Rear fingerprint scanner
– Water and dust resistant
– Sensors – Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
– Gorilla Glass 5
– USB Type C
– Samsung Desktop Experience
So the next question, is this your next phone?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 or Apple iPhone 8 are rumoured to be available with a configuration costing £1,000 or more. Is this a surprise? No, as the current iPhone 7 Plus costs £919 in its 256gb storage configuration.
So with the Google Pixel and other phones leaping ahead in price, would Samsung be bold enough to ask £1,000 for a high storage Samsung Galaxy S8+? Probably yes. I also think Apple will bring out a phone that costs more than £1,000.
So really my next question, is any phone worth £1,000? In reality, no, but in real life people that want the very best or want to be seen with a particular brand will also pay the higher amount.
The problem though is the budget and mid market phones are getting better and better, to the point whereby high end flagship will start to feel the pressure.
If Samsung want over £800 for its top end flagship, would you spend this amount of money?
Photo Source – @evleaks
Evan Blass released information last night claiming the above is the new Samsung Galaxy S8.
So whats new about the Samsung Galaxy S8. For starters there will be 2 screen sizes, 5.8 and 6.2 inches QHD Super amoled screens as there are no navigation buttons. The display will incorporate these. The aspect ratio is 18:5:9, not 16:9. The processor with either be an Exynos or Snapdragon 835 depending on region. Both will have 10nm fabrication making them faster than last years models. They will feature a 3,000 or 3,500mAh battery, 4gb ram, 64gb storage, micro SD card support and USB Type C. The headphone jack is still present.
The camera is still 12mp f/1.7 on the rear and the front is upgraded from 5mp to 8mp f/1.7. Iris scanning , first seen on the explosive Note 7 will be present too. There will be a dock that makes it provide a desktop view to a screen, Bixby its own assistant with a hardware button to activate and force touch will be available on the screen.
However there are 4 problems –
– First is the price. This will be 100 euros more than last years S7 models.
– The Finger Print sensor is now on the rear but next to the camera. This is such a bad spot in terms of reachability
– The camera – no rear dual camera setup. Samsung have stuck to the same camera from last year, although it will have had some minor improvements. However, having used many dual lens camera setups, I believe this is the future and Samsung’s option is so last year.
– There is no Samsung logo on the body of the phone. That is because it is hard coded on the front screen, at the top with the words- SAMSUNG – WTF.
Finally, you will have to wait a long time for the S8. It won’t be available until later in April 2017.
Source – venturebeat.com