Welcome to my review of the iFi micro iDSD signature which retails for £649.
The Key Features
- Dual Core Burr Brown True Native chipset supports all hi-res audio formats up to PCM 32 bit / 768kHz, DSD512, and MQA
- 4000mW headphone amplifier with balanced topology and 4.4mm pentacon output
- XBass+, 3D+, and iEMatch create an immersive and personalized headphone or speaker listening experience
- USB A, S/PDIF digital and optical audio inputs; 6.3mm and 4.4mm headphone outputs, RCA line outputs
- Rechargeable battery provides 6-12 hours of listening, or play while charging
A wide range of over the ear headphones and IEMs were used for the review, from Fiio FH7, Fiio FA9, HiFiMan Sundara and Ananda as well as headphones from Sennheiser and Sony.
Below are the music tracks used to test the iFi micro iDSD signature.
- Roxy Music – True to Life (Remastered)
- Leonard Cohen – In My Secret Life
- Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy (2012 Mix Master)
- Eric Clapton – Layla (Acoustic Live at MTV Unplugged)
- Axel F – From Beverly Hills Cop
- Natalie Ophelia – Ophelia
- CeeLo Green – Bright Lights Bigger City
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Tin Pan Alley
- K.D. Lang – Constant Craving
- Nigel Kennedy – The New Four Seasons
- Hans Zimmer – Mountains
The iFi micro iDSD Signature is an absolute delight to use. Music comes alive with any pair of headphone or IEM that you care to throw at it. The musical experience feels like the headphones disappear on your head, leaving just the music floating around you. Bass is fast, tight and controlled. Mids and exquisite. Treble is excellent too. Superb soundstage.
The iFi iDSD micro signature is my personal favourite headphone amp DAC. 9.5/10.