Welcome to my review of the Soundpeats Air3 Pro TWS earphones with ANC that retail for £59.
Key Features / Specifications
– 35db Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Technology – QCC3046 & Bluetooth5.2 & aptX-Adaptive, AAC, SBC – Low latency & Game Mode 60ms Ultra-Low Latency – 12mm driver , 4 mics (2 mics per earbud) – Battery 6 hours with ANC off, 5 hours ANC on, plus battery case gives 20 hours in total – Weight case 35g, earbud 4.5g – 2022 VGP GOLDEN AWARD – In ear detection
The Touch Controls
– Double-tap L or R to play/pause the music – Press R to increase the volume – Press L to decrease the volume – Click and hold R to go to the next song – Press L to re-track – Triple-click L or R to activate the voice assistant – Normal Mode/ANC Mode/Transparency Mode: Long press the left for 1.5s – Enter/Exit Game Mode: Triple tap the left
Superb value for money. What more can you ask for! Highly recommended 9.0/10.
Welcome to my review of the Letshuoer S12 IEMs that retails for around $169.
The Key Features/Specifications
– 14.8mm custom planar magnetic driver. – Either 3.5mm or 4.4mm balanced jack. – Cable – 128 strands braided silver plated monocrystalline. – 0.78mm qual pin connector, refined reproduction low distortion. – Aluminum alloy chassis. Complicated CNC process. – Chassis – 5 axis CNC processing – Dual vent hole design – The chassis has two vent holes drilled to the side of the unit to reduce pressure against the ear drums, which in turns protect users’ hearing. – Frequency response: 20-30000Hz – Impedance: 16Ω – Sensitivity: 102dB/mW – Cable length: 1.2m – IP Rating: IPX3
Audio Tracks used for Review
For all my audio reviews, I use the below tracks. Other tracks are also used, but these are the core songs.
– Roxy Music – True to Life (Remastered) – Leonard Cohen – In My Secret Life – Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy (2012 Mix Master) – Eric Clapton – Layla (Acoustic Live at MTV Unplugged) – Axel F – From Beverly Hills Cop – Natalie Merchant – Ophelia – CeeLo Green – Bright Lights Bigger City – Stevie Ray Vaughan – Tin Pan Alley – K.D. Lang – Constant Craving – Nigel Kennedy – The New Four Seasons – Hans Zimmer – Mountains
Before you watch the video review of the Letshuoer S12, some of you may not have heard of the Letshuoer. In the useful links, I have included a link to the about us page on their website. The pedigree of the team at Letshuoer is world class.
One of the best IEMs that I have heard in a long time, and my personal favourite going forward. Just be prepared to be stunned at its sonic performance and musicality. Highly recommended 9.9/10.
Welcome to my review of the Mifo S TWS IPX7 Sport Earbuds with Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation. These retail for around £139, but there is often a deal making these nearer to £110.
Key Features / Specifications
– Small size 2.5 cm³ / 3.5g per earbuds with horn design. Very lightweight and comfortable. – Active Noise Canceling and Transparency mode – 6Mic ANC+ENC noise reduction for calls, clear voices can be heard and transmitted during calls. Transparent settings allow you to communicate face-to-face with people even while enjoying music. – Bluetooth 5.2 and moving-iron technology, MIFO S wireless earbuds with microphone offer fast paring and a stable wireless connection with excellent sound quality. – Easy Connection – Opening the charging case, they will connect automatically to your smart phones after first pairing and connection. – Battery – 6h playtime per fully charged, an additional 34h playtime with charging case with built-in battery (up to 6 times) – IPX7 water-resistant, IPX6 dust-proof, which are fitting for running, sports, gym, work, and travel, etc. – Unique look, design, and premium materials, especially the charging case, make it different from the TWS market.
Beautiful designed wireless earphones, ideal for the active users, highly recommended. 8.9/10.
A special offer has been made available by Mifo. – 20% off Claim code：mifoSSSS – End Date：30/06/2022 11:59 PM PST. It can be used on the below Amazon stores and also Mifo’s own store.
Welcome to my review of the iFi Go Bar which retails for £329, then compared to the iFi Gold Go Bar, which is a limited edition run of 1,000 units, which retails for £499. Then all are compared to the Chord Mojo 2, which retails for £450 in the UK. The Chord Mojo 2 pricing is other countries is a lot higher.
iEMatch – the most sensitive IEMs can be matched
Connects directly to your device with the USB C Input, and works with balanced 4.4mm or S-Bal 3.5mm headphone plugs for ultimate convenience and versatility
Welcome to my new video on how to upgrade the opamps in your device, in my case using the Burson Audio Playmate 2 Headphone AMP DAC.
In this review, I take a look at the Burson V6 Vivid and V6 Classic Opamps and compare the sound quality between them. Before we talk about the sound quality, I also show you how to install the new opamps. I also pick a winner based on my preferences, but highlight what each one would be best for. Burson Audio sell the V6 opamps for $145 for a pair.
Both the Burson V6 Vivid and V6 Classic make a terrific improvement to the sound quality of the device. Highly recommended 9.5/10.
Welcome to my review of the Burson Audio Playmate 2 which retails for £599. The Burson Audio Playmate 2 is a headphone AMP/DAC and Pre-AMP.
3W Class A SE.
Upgradeable Opamps with four detachable DIP sockets
ESS 9038QTM DAC.
XMOS DSD 512.
Precision machined aluminium for a sumptuous finish.
Unified aluminium enclose also acts as a heat sink.
Class-A and 3W per channel
Two levels of power control, each with 100 volume steps. 110db IEM, no worries. 70db planar magnetic, no problem either.
MCPS charges the Playmate at 170 thousand times per second to enhance the power, dynamics and micro-details.
A decade ago, Burson Audio argued against using IC opamps on the audio signal path. Today, their discrete audio opamps are industry benchmarks. They focus on building great products that speak for themselves. Based on my experience so far, not only do they look stunning but they also sound terrific too! Plus with the added bonus of being able to easily upgrade the op amps, what more could you ask for!
The Playmate 2 has an easy to access and use menu system, that provides access to the following options.
Headphone level – High or Low, this is your headphone gain setting
FirFilter – you can select a digital filter that are built-in directly in the ESS Sabre DAC chip, there are 7 filters to play with
DPLL (DSD) – OFF, Low, Mid and High (default) – the higher this setting is the higher the jitter rejection will be for DSD files
DPLL (PCM) – Off, Low, Mid (default) or High – the same but for PCM files
Emphasis – Off (default), On – ON position rolls-off the treble by about 5db at 10 kHz and by about 8 db at 20 khz. Best to leave this setting to the OFF position. Only turn on if using a cassette tape player.
OLED Level – Low (default) or High – changes the brightness of the OLED screen
Reset Set: No or Yes – resets to factory settings.
Welcome to my review of the iFi ZEN Air DAC which retails for £99. The iFi ZEN Air DAC is a desktop DAC/AMP. It functions as either a DAC or headphone amp. You can connect it to a separate amp or speakers too.
PCM 32bit/384kHz, fully native DSD256 and MQA.
PowerMatch adjusts the gain of theZEN DAC Air so it functions at the right level for your headphones.
XBass+ allows you to tailor the bass to suit your headphones and your personal taste.
New low latency 16 core XMOS IC.
Burr Brown Chip – Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown.
Headphone output 280mW at 32ohms, 36mW at 300 ohms, 1V/3.3V max (variable).
The iFi ZEN Air DAC is a superb budget DAC/Amp. Highly recommended. 9.2/10.