Samsung is due to announce the Galaxy S8 and S8+ on the 29th March. At the current rate of leaked specs, videos and more, Samsung could save some money and cancel the press event!.
So below are all all the latest (leaked) information –
– 3D Touch-style home button
– Samsung’s Bixby AI assistant
– Video capture at 1,000 frames per second slow motion
– Dual-curved edges
– Quad HD+ resolution
– 5.8 and 6.2-inch screen sizes
– 18:9 aspect ratio
– Processor: Exynos 8895 / Snapdragon 835.
– RAM: 4GB/6GB. (6GB only for China)
– Rear camera: 12MP f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash, 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
– Front camera: 8MP f/1.7, dual video call, Auto HDR
– Battery: 3,000mAh, 3,500mAh for larger version
– Rear fingerprint scanner
– Water and dust resistant
– Sensors – Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
– Gorilla Glass 5
– USB Type C
– Samsung Desktop Experience
So the next question, is this your next phone?
The Asus Zenfone Zoom has been a long time coming and finally Asus have overcome whatever manufacturing issues it had and is releasing the phone for $399 in the US. However, this amazing feat of engineering has some superb specifications but when it comes to the camera it is also let down by a couple of aspects.
The Asus Zenfone Zoom has a Panasonic 13-megapixel SmartFSI sensor and a HOYA 10-element lens. The magic is that this camera is able to provide 3x optical zoom without any parts protruding. Optical image stabilization, laser auto-focus and a dual-tone flash are also present.
And the negative – the aperture ranges from f/2.7 to f/4.8. This is somewhat disappointing as the LG G4 for example managed with a f/1.8.
The Asus ZenFone Zoom comprises of an aluminium body with a removable leather back cover for accessing the micro SD and Micro SIM slots.
The other specifications –
– Display – 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD, 403ppi, IPS LCD
– Corning Gorilla Glass 4
– Processor – 64-bit 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Atom Z3590 CPU
– Graphics – PowerVR G6430 GPU
– RAM – 4GB LPDDR3
– Internal Storage – 64GB eMCC Flash or 128GB eMCP Flash
– External Storage – microSD (up to 128GB)
– Cameras – 13MP rear-facing camera, 10-element Hoya 3x zoom lens
– 5MP front-facing camera
– Software – Android 5.1 with ASUS ZenUI
– Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/b/ac
– Bluetooth 4.0+ EDR
– Battery – 3000mAh non-removable Li-Polymer – comes with a rapid charger
– Dimensions – 158.9 x 78.84 x 11.95mm
– Weight – 185g
I really hope this comes to the UK and Europe really quickly as this is one phone I really would love to to test. 3 times optical zoom sounds brilliant and the rest of the specifications are strong too. I just hope the f/2.7 isn’t a show stopper.
Sources – Asus, Engadget, Talk Android, Android Central