Welcome to my review of the Honor 8 smartphone. The Honor 8 is one of the most beautiful phones on the market, yet it only costs £369 sim free.
And yet its not all about the looks. The Honor 8 shines in so many other areas too. To recap on my earlier posts –
Unlike my previous reviews, I am going to start with my conclusion. The Honor 8 is the best sub £400 phone I have used and consequently highly recommended. To find out why, view my video review below and additional video on the photos. For the latest pricing on Amazon UK – Click HERE.
The Honor 8 Review
Camera Shots Video
The Key Specifications
– SCREEN 1920×1080 5.2″ LCD, 423ppi
– OS Android 6.0 with EMUI 4.1
– CPU Eight-core HiSilicon Kirin 950 (four 2.3GHz Cortex A72 cores and four 1.8 GHz Cortex A53s cores)
– RAM 4GB
– GPU Mali-T880 MP4
– STORAGE 32GB plus a Micro SD slot
– NETWORKING 802.11b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
– BANDS WCDMA: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8, GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz,LTE FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B17/B20
– PORTS USB 2.0 Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
– CAMERA Dual 12MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
– SIZE 145.5 x 71 x 7.45mm
– WEIGHT 153g
– BATTERY 3000mAh
– EXTRAS NFC, 9V/2A quick charging, fingerprint sensor, notification LED, IR blaster
The Honor 8 Lowdown
Following on from my video review, the Honor 8 is a remarkable phone. It looks stunning. It has superb wifi, bluetooth and cellular strength and connectivity. It includes an infra red blaster. The 3,000mah battery lasts a day and a half. The phone is the perfect size for one handed use and fits in all my pockets. The camera for photos is excellent. The camera app includes so many modes to make photography easy and enjoyable. Into selfies, the 8mp front camera makes you look perfect! In terms of video, its performance is not the strongest but it did outperform my iPhone 7 Plus this week. This week I have another 4 videos being published on Gavin’s Gadgets. Three of them were recorded on the Honor 8, the other one and the review of the Honor 8 were filmed on the iPhone 7 Plus.
Don’t forget to check out the posts linked at the start which contain further camera samples.
After a decent android phone. Then check out the Honor 8. It is my top recommendation of 2016.
Latest Pricing and Info on Amazon UK – http://amzn.to/2dCqngz