Software updates received in a timely manner are really important especially when they contain security patches.
BlackBerry hasn’t disappointed with its Priv handheld and released its first update offering the following changes –
“Here’s what the release, which brings productivity AND security improvements (and requires approx 475 MB of space), has to offer:
– An improved camera: We’ve implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of our camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.
– Better performance: We’ve also tweaked the PRIV’s software to improve overall system performance
– Improved stability: The update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.
– Enhanced security: Lastly, the release includes December’s security patches – rest easy knowing your device is protected against the latest Android security threats.
Be sure to also keep an eye out for coming updates to BlackBerry’s Android apps: Blackberry Keyboard, Blackberry Hub, Blackberry Camera, and DTEK by BlackBerry. The latest version of each will be available through the Google Play Store on December 14. The improvements include:
– Camera: Now supports 16:9 photos
– Keyboard: Increased language support and emojis added to predictive typing
– Hub & Contacts: Now includes WhatsApp
– DTEK by BlackBerry: More notification options to alert you when apps use your info
When the update becomes available for your PRIV, applying it is both free and easy to do:”
Now this is a good reason to buy this phone. Hopefully BlackBerry will continue this rapid firmware deployment with security patches and bug quasi and adding new features too.
Source – BlackBerry