So another day with the Nexus 6P and I am rapidly falling out of love with this phone.
– AnTuTu scored 44,500. No apps were running. So I rebooted phone. AnTuTu scored 60,000. These scores are with 170 apps installed.
– As I have the 128gb model, I wanted my music sitting on the phone. Nothing worked until I rebooted phone and mac. I also had to re-install android file manager. This worked.
– I also wanted around 1gb of my favourite photos on the phone. Android File Manager wouldn’t copy the photos across. No matter what I tried, nothing worked.
– USB Audio does not seem to work. This is a disaster for me. I don’t understand why Google would have killed this function. However, bluetooth audio is really good. Update – apparently USB C removes the need for OTG so I am testing another option and will update this post again shortly.
– The camera. The weather has been horrific so I have only tried some indoor shots. The 1.55 microns do make a difference but not for every shot. HDR+ is slow saving.The Google Camera app is too basic IMO and whilst it can take some good shots, they are not class leading. Why no OIS? With OIS the camera could have been a class leader!
– Battery so far is average at best.
– USB C cables are a PITA. All my adapters, special micro usb connectors, nothing works.
That’s all. I will be spending the weekend with the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact so that I can finish my review for Monday.
I will try to take some photos with the Nexus 6P, assuming I haven’t sent it back!
And finally, if if you are buying anything on Amazon UK, please use the link below. This will help support Gavin’s Gadgets with all the running costs and more and won’t cost you anything extra either. Thanks in advance. Don’t forget to use the link if you buy any bargains on Black Friday or for Christmas etc..