Welcome to my review of the HiFiMan HE-R10P which retail for $5,499.
- Frequency response 10Hz – 60Hz
- Impedance 30 ohm
- Sensitivity 100db
- Socket 3.5mm balanced
- Weight 460g
The HE-10P are the planar magnetic version of the HE-10 range which includes a dynamic driver version, the HE-10D. My review of the HE-10D will follow tomorrow, and the day after that will features a comparison between the two of them.
The HE-10P feature large wooden ear cups which allow for sufficient breathing space and volume for the music to shine. The true nano thickness diaphragm also has a sub micro thickness coating. Finally, they are carved by CNC from wood and aviation aluminium.
The headphones come in a beautiful box with 3 high quality cables.
- 1.5 metre 3.5mm cable
- 3 metre XLR balanced cable
- 3 metre 1/4 inch cable
Music tracks used to test the headphones included –
- Roxy Music – True to Life (Remastered)
- Leonard Cohen – In My Secret Life
- Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy (2012 Mix Master)
- Eric Clapton – Layla (Acoustic Live at MTV Unplugged)
- Axel F – From Beverly Hills Cop
- Natalie Merchant – Ophelia
- CeeLo Green – Bright Lights Bigger City
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Tin Pan Alley
- K.D. Lang – Constant Craving
- Nigel Kennedy – The New Four Seasons
- Hans Zimmer – Mountains
The HiFiMan HE-R10P are an outstanding closed back headphone from HiFiMan that are easy to drive and sound terrific. Highly recommended 9.4/10.