Welcome to my review of the Lindy USB DAC and Headphone amp.
– Provides audiophile sound quality up to 24bit/192KHz (96KHz maximum for USB)
– Accepts 2 channel digital audio and works with any PCM stream with Dolby Digital or DTS disabled
– Built-in headphone amplifier and TosLink Optical, SPDIF Coaxial and USB Digital Audio interfaces
– Input selector switch and headphone volume control
– USB 2.0 interface compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and Mac OS X (no special drivers required)
– Can be powered via the USB bus or an additional USB power supply (not included)
Lindy has released a USB DAC to for less than £50 which will enhance any digital music collection by upgrading the sound quality from PC, HDTV, CD/DVD player or other audio device.
The USB DAC fits discreetly alongside the selected audio player, and outputs to headphones, amplifiers or powered speakers via a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack or analog phono stereo output. Optical, Coaxial and USB inputs allow for a variety of music sources, with the USB 2.0 input compatible with Windows XP onwards, Linux and Mac OS X with no special drivers required. The LINDY USB DAC also supports hi-resolution music up to 24-bit/192kHz.
I connected the Lindy USB DAC to my computer and plugged in various pairs of headphones. The Lindy USB DAC improved the overall sound quality. Based on the specifications, I would not recommend connecting headphones over 150 ohms.
The video review below includes the remainder of the review as well as further technical information.
More information and the latest pricing on Amazon Click HERE.
A budget priced USB DAC from Lindy which does exactly what it says on the tin.