Welcome to my review of the B & O H5 Wireless headphones. B & O also call these headphones the Beoplay H5.
– DIMENSIONS Earphones: 39 x 28 x 23.5 mm
– Cable length attaching earbuds: 52 cm
– Charging Cube: 28.8 x 28.8 x 29.2 mm
– WEIGHT 18 g
– MATERIALS – Aluminium/Textile/Rubber/Polymer/Foam/Silicone/Nylon
– LOUDSPEAKER – Electro-dynamic, 6.4 mm diameter
– FREQUENCY 20 – 20,000 Hz
– COLOURS Black/Dusty Rose
– DESIGNER- Jakob Wagner
– MICROPHONE Omnidirectional
– BATTERY Two rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries (one in each earpiece)
– Capacity: 2 x 50mAh each
– Up to 5 hours playtime at moderate level
– Charging time: approximately 2 hours
– CONNECTIVITY Bluetooth 4.2
– Supports aptX, aptX-LL and AAC codecs
– BEOPLAY APP Compatible with Beoplay App which will enhance your B&O PLAY experience.
– INCLUDED IN THE BOX Beoplay H5 earphones, USB charging cube,Comply™ Sport ear tips with SweatGuard™ (S, M, L),Silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L),Cable clip (3 pcs),Carrying pouch,Quick start guide
The Main Review
The Beoplay H5 wireless headphones are superb sounding in ear headphones. They include the AAC and APT-X codecs making them excellent for new iPhone and other Apple devices as well as android phones. The Beoplay app also allows you to change the sound signature with a range of presets and also update the firmware. I didn’t alter the sound signature.
If you own an Apple Watch, you can change the sound profile directly from your Apple Watch.
B & O included a wide choice of ear tips including Comply™ Sport that have a membrane to prevent moisture interfering with the electronics. These rugged and breathable tips create a near perfect, protective grip in the ear canal that is ideal for exercise or life on the go. And for relaxing with your favourite tunes, four pairs of silicone tips provide a relaxed, comfortable fit. However, I did find that during any exercise they would fall out. Also when the cable rubbed against by clothes the sound got picked up which was annoying.
After listening to your music, the earbuds attach magnetically together, meaning they shouldn’t fall off your neck. This also powers them off. See video below. The connecting chord appears fairly tough and should last a while. B & O also mention that these are dust and water resistant but they do not mention to what level in their technical specifications.
Being wireless headphones the battery life is limited to just 5 hours. To recharge them you have to use the cool looking but bespoke charger. The sound signature of these headphones is one of a decent level of bass, good treble and mid range. A crowd pleasing sound! I tried a range of genres and all sounded really good.
Don’t forget to watch the video review which reveals even more information and the rest of the review.
A high quality in ear music wireless headphone, that reproduces a lovely bass rich sound. Great with iOS devices (iPad/iPhone) and android phones with APT-X. The 5 hour battery life is the shortcoming along with a bespoke charger. However, these sound so lovely that they are now my default in ear wireless headphones. These are not recommended for running or the gym as they have a habit of falling out of your ears.
For more info and the latest pricing on Amazon – Click HERE.