Yesterday Amazon announces its first quarter earnings and the blew all their targets with ease –
– Earnings of $1.07 per share, higher than the 58 cents per share that was expected.
– Net loss of 12 cents per share in Q1 2015.
– Revenue was $29.13 billion, above the $27.98 billion that analysts expected. 22% up from the same quarter last year.
– Amazon web services revenue was up to $2.57 billion — again higher than the $2.53 billion that analysts expected. An increase from $1.57 billion in the same quarter a year ago.
– Q2 revenue forecasted to be $28 billion to $30.5 billion.
– Unearned revenue came in at $3.77 billion, up from $3.12 billion in the previous quarter.
– Technology and content revenue was $3.5 billion, up from $2.8 billion in Q1 2015.
So Amazon has produced good results for the last 4 quarters. Long may the success continue!