Welcome to my review of the brand new Lindy BNX-60 bluetooth wireless headphones with noise cancellation and APT-X.
The Lindy BNX-60 are the latest wireless headphones from Lindy just announced at CES 2016.
In the Box
– BNX-60 Headphones
– 1.5m audio cable with 3.5mm jack
– 1/4” stereo-plug adapter
– Dual-plug flight adapter
– Micro USB charging cable 80cm
– Hard carry EVA case with mesh pouch
– User manual
– 10m Wireless Range (depending on environment)
– 40mm high output drivers with neodymium magnets
– Impedance: 32Ohm passive mode / 100Ohm Active Noise Cancelling mode
– Sensitivity (1mW@1KHz ±3dB): Passive 93dB ANC 103dB Bass 104dB
– Nominal THD: Passive <0.1%@ 1KHz / Active <0.5% @ 1KHz
– Frequency response: 20Hz – 20KHz
– Built-in 3.7V 320mA Lithium Polymer Battery
– Battery Life: 30Hr ANC Only, 15Hr Wireless Only, 12Hr ANC & Wireless
– Charges via USB Micro-B, approximately 3 hours to fully charge
– Integrated Audio (FF/RW, Play/Pause) & Handsfree Calling Controls
– Adjustable volume
– 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket for detachable 3.5mm audio cable
Operation and Sound Quality
The Lindy BNX-60 headphones are very well designed with a lot of thought and attention to the extras included. First up you get a decent hard case. No more worries about breaking these in transit. Secondly, the hard case has a velcro detachable zipped pouch which houses the 3.5mm audio cable, micro USB lead for recharging and the airplane and 6.3mm adapters. I thought the velcro detachable pouch was a neat touch.
As you can see from the photos the headphones have lots of controls on the ear cups. This means you can control your music and take phone calls. Phone calls were clear and the caller at the other end had no problem hearing me. On the right ear cup is the automatic noise cancellation on off switch and volume control.
The automatic noise cancellation can be turned on independently of the bluetooth connection. With the noise cancellation switch on, the sound stage is pushed forward slightly and the treble becomes more pronounced. There is also a very very slight amount of hiss. Lindy state that 85% of low frequency noise is removed. In my testing the headphones did make a noticeable difference removing outside sounds with the noise cancellation switched on. Without the noise cancellation switched on the treble/mid is slightly pushed back in the sound stage. Bass is solid and punchy but not over the top. The BNX-60’s has APT-X which do make a difference if your device also is compatible with APT-X. I also connected the audio cable to my LG V10 smartphone and was surprised that the sound quality was reasonable. I listened to as many different genres as possible and enjoyed the sound produced by the Lindy BNX-60 headphones.
Comfort. The Lindy BNX-60 headphones are light and comfortable to wear.
A versatile solid offering from Lindy Headphones. Comfortable, bluetooth, noise cancellation, APT-X and a carry case makes this a recommendation from me.