Welcome to my review of the HiFiMan HE-R10D which retail for $1,299. These are a closed back dynamic driver headphone from HiFiMan.
- Frequency response 15Hz – 35Hz
- Impedance 32 ohm
- Sensitivity 103db
- Socket 3.5mm balanced
- Weight 337g
The HE-10D are the dynamic driver version of the HE-10 range which includes a planar magnetic version, the HE-10P. My review of the HE-10P went live yesterday. Tomorrow, my comparison between the two headphones will be up on my website.
The HE-10D feature large wooden ear cups which allow for sufficient breathing space and volume for the music to shine. They also feature a topology diaphragm which has a nano particle coating applied to its surface, giving a more natural and detailed sound. Finally, they are carved by CNC from wood and aviation aluminium.
The headphones come in a beautiful box with 3 high quality cables.
- 1.5 metre 3.5mm cable
- 3 metre XLR balanced cable
- 3 metre 1/4 inch cable
Music tracks used to test the headphones included –
- Roxy Music – True to Life (Remastered)
- Leonard Cohen – In My Secret Life
- Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy (2012 Mix Master)
- Eric Clapton – Layla (Acoustic Live at MTV Unplugged)
- Axel F – From Beverly Hills Cop
- Natalie Merchant – Ophelia
- CeeLo Green – Bright Lights Bigger City
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Tin Pan Alley
- K.D. Lang – Constant Craving
- Nigel Kennedy – The New Four Seasons
- Hans Zimmer – Mountains
The HiFiMan HE-R10D are an amazing closed back headphone from HiFiMan that are easy to drive and sound terrific. Highly recommended 9.1/10.