Welcome to my review of the Joby Podzilla Flexible Tripod Kit which retails for £45.
My journey using Joby tripods goes back 9 years to 2013. Thereafter, I bought a different style of Joby tripod in subsequent years; 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and now I have the Joby Podzilla. All of the Joby items still work today like they did when I bought them new, apart from one tripod as I lost this on a hike across Dartmoor. In my video review, I show some of these older items. To give you an idea of what I purchased, in 2013 I bought the Joby Gorillapod Micro 250 Folding Tripod, then in 2014 the Joby Gorillapod Ball Head for SLR Cameras, followed by in 2015 the Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoom tripod. In 2017, I acquired the Joby GripTight One Magnetic tripod followed by in 2018 the Joby Griptight Pro for Smartphones.
Key Specs & Features
- JOBY PodZilla Large Kit – Flexible Tripod with Ball Head, GripTight 360 Phone Mount, for Smartphones and Compact Mirrorless Cameras or Devices up to 2.5Kg
- Flexible structure with a solid aluminum core and rubber exterior
- Includes a quick release plate for easy attachment of the camera thanks to the standard 1 / 4-20″ attachment
- The plate with ball head integrates a spirit level for precise adjustment
- GripTight 360 Phone smartphone clamp with double sled attachment suitable for smartphones with a width from 6.7 cm to 8.8 cm
Video Time Index
00:00 Intro & My 9 Year Journey using Joby tripods
03:24 Demo / How To
05:22 Adding Mics and Lights
07:00 Comparison & Summary
A superb versatile tripod kit from Joby, ideal for phones and camera. Highly recommended 9/10.