Welcome to my review of the iFi ZEN DAC v2 which retails for £159.
The Key Features
- Compact Digital Analogue Converter for home audio, office, or desktop use
- Connect via USB3.0 (USB2.0 compatible) input from your USB source such as a computer or Digital Audio Player (DAP). Output to headphones, active speakers, or amplifier with 6.3mm Unbalanced / 4.4mm Balanced / RCA connections
- Hear familiar songs in a whole new light with rich detail and warm natural tones created by the Burr Brown True Native digital to analogue converter which can process any hi-res audio format up to PCM 384kHz/24 bit, DSD256, DXD 384kHz, and decodes MQA all without additional conversion so you can listen exactly as the artist intended.
- Variable analogue volume control, PowerMatch adjustment for iEMs/On & Over Ears, and TrueBass to add bass to iEMs and a new and improve low jitter clock with >20dB improved performance, you can listen to your music with smoother, cleaner, playback.
- New 16 core XMOS chip that now decodes MQA and runs DSD 256 on the same firmware. Original version had a 8 core XMOS chip and was a MQA renderer.
- Military Grade Aluminium makes up a sturdy and sleek exterior.
An exceptional DAC from iFi audio. Great clarity and detail with superb musicality. Brings your headphones to life. 9.8/10. Highly recommended.