London, UK, 6th June 2019 – HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has today announced the new Nokia 2.2, delivering sophisticated AI powered low light imaging and Google Assistant at the press of a button, all at a truly astonishing price. Nokia 2.2 is the first 2 series Nokia smartphone to be part of the Android One programme, delivering the latest full Android experience on a modern 5.7” screen with a discreet selfie-notch. Shipping with Android 9 Pie, Nokia 2.2 is Android Q ready and will receive two years of OS upgrades and three years of monthly security updates, ensuring access to all the latest innovations from Android.
The Nokia 2-Series phone part of the Android One programme. It is available in Steel and Tungsten Black, starting from 99 Euros.
– AI-powered low light imaging, and tech that lets you get ahead in life
– includes “face unlock” and Google Lens
– 5.71 inch HD+ an edge-to-edge display with a modern discreet selfie-notch
– 400 nits brightness
– quad core MediaTek A22 CPU chipset
– Fast access to the Google Assistant with dedicated button
– Android 9 Pie out of the box
Seems like another solid budget handset from Nokia.
2 thoughts on “Nokia announces the Nokia 2.2 – Full Details”
HMD certainly put out some great low end phones. It’s the flagships they have trouble with. Just like the old Nokia there is always a flaw. Nokia 9 fingerprint reader. Nokia 8 very average camera. Nokia Lumia no glance screen. Nokia 1020 very slow camera.
Agree Keith, HMD just need to nail the attention to detail.
LikeLiked by 1 person