Welcome to my review of the Focal Clear Headphones.
The Key Features
– Low Impedanceat 55 ohms so easier to drive
– 104db sensitivity
– Frequency – 5Hz to 28kHz
– Leather and microfibre perforated headband
– 20mm memory foam cushion with a perforated micro fibre fabric
– The ‘M’-shape Aluminum/Magnesium (patent pending) dome with a new copper voice coil
Music Tracks Used for Review
– Wynton Marsalis and Eric Clapton – Play the Blues Album , Careless Love – Epic, Moving, great separation
– Seasick Steve – You Can’t Teach an Old Dog New Tricks – husky voice sounded wonderful.
– Amy Winehouse – I heard Love is Blind – wonderful guitar strings, vocals, layering, hidden depths of the music.
– Katie Melua & Eva Cassidy – What a Wonderful World – awesome vocals and piano.
– Michael Buble – Cry me a River – scale and drama, excellent vocals and bass impact.
– Bastille , Bite Down – Great attack, moving.
– Audiomachine – The Lions Heart – impact, scale, bass, drama, superb performance.
– Philip Glass – Symphony no 8 (2005) – great soundstage, scale and drama. Excellent mids, treble and bass. Instruments clearly defined.
The Focal Clear headphones provides remarkable dynamics over the entire audio spectrum; bass that is always controlled, even at high volumes, and exemplary linearity in the high-end.
There appeared no sibilance or distortion with the Focal Clear headphones.
Totally mesmerising to listen too. Focal have hit the perfect balance between detail and musical tone. My advice, book a world cruise and take these with you. Plus they come with a luxurious case, with high class finish, comfort, and decent accessories. Highly recommended.