So my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 arrived yesterday and I have installed circa 120 apps and a selection of games.
At the moment, the hardware is superb, but the software is a dog compared to the elegance of iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus. However, I have not spent anywhere near enough time in trying to sort everything out, and maybe I will have a better setup over time.
For the moment, this is what I have lost moving my main sim out of the iPhone 7 Plus and into the Note 8-
– iMessage with my wife and family. I used all the stickers too and effects.
– Three WiFi Calling is not present and this is a nightmare inside my home.
– Airdrop across devices from Mac, iPhone and iPad – my wife and I could share anything from bookmarks, photos in an instant.
– Apps are just better on iOS in style and overall functionality, although this is not for all apps. Some actually seem better on android, but this is the exception rather than the rule.
– Everything feels out of place
– Loss of using Apple Watch
– Messages on all devices (Mac, iPad)
– iOS 11 really has so much functionality as standard.
– Touch ID – unlocking the phone and access to apps is way better on iOS
This is what I have gained –
– Epic camera results so far in very limited testing
– Powerhouse of specs
– S Pen
– Great headphone audio, better than the iPhone 7 Plus
– My Samsung Gear 360 (2017) works better with the Note 8
– Stunning hardware
This is just my honest view after 24 hours. But back to the dual OIS rear cameras. Testing the zoom near dusk.
Above shot is standard lens.
Now 2 x optical zoom. Focus on the mast in the distance.
10 x digital zoom. Really impressive detail for such a long distance. Remember this is not in bright lighting conditions either.
Ok, so above is a normal shot of the church.
Zooming into to the window. Having OIS on the zoom lens makes a massive difference.
However, the white balance is somewhat warm on auto, so making a quick adjustment makes a difference as shown above.
Anyway, just a quick update. More very soon 🙂