Aukey Clip on Wide Angle & Macro Lens review. This is a slick Clip On lens attachment from Aukey that cost £18.99. It’s provides a 140° Wide Angle and 10 x Macro lens.
– Macro lens gets you 10 x closer to your subject for extreme close-ups. Wide Angle Lens opens up your field of view for breathtaking landscape photos or selfies.
– Pair with 58mm CPL filters for beautiful effects.
– Made with aluminum alloy and multi-element coated glass to minimize ghosting, reflections, lens flare, and other artifacts
– Detachable soft rubber clip is easy to adjust and that won’t leave any scratches or marks on your mobile device
– In the box – AUKEY PL-WD07 Ora 2-in-1 140° Wide Angle + 10x Macro Lens Kit, Lens Clip, Carrying Pouch, Cleaning Cloth, 24 Month Warranty
I have owned many Clip On lenses, some cheap and nasty that I threw in the bin, some lenses from well known companies that are a bespoke fit for your current smartphone. Change your phone, and that bespoke clip on lens is now redundant. This is why I really like the Aukey solution. I tried it with my iPhone 7 Plus and Samsung A5 and it worked just fine.
The above shot was taken using the iPhone 7 Plus without the attachment. This was a good as a macro shot I could achieve, and this is a crop too to try and make it look as good as possible. Now the same flower, but using the Aukey macro lens.
Now for the wide angle lens. So here is a normal shot taken on the iPhone 7 Plus. Unfortunately, the Aukey wide angle shot I took at the same time had my lovely fingerprint over it, so an hour later, slightly darker I took the same view using the Aukey wide angle lens. The shot that had my fingerprints on did look identical in brightness to the shot taken without the lens added.
I like the fact the lens can be protected when not in use and that you get a little pouch and micro fibre cloth. You will need the cloth. Fingerprints are easily added to the lens.
Update – Here’s another macro I took.
A cheap but polished clip on lens that should not become redundant when you change your phone. Recommended.