Welcome to my review of the Optoma GT5500 Ultra Short Throw Projector which retails for about £1,100. This is one of Optoma’s top end projectors.
– Display Technology – Single 0.65” DarkChip 3 1080p DLP® Technology by Texas Instruments
– Native Resolution 1080p 1920 x 1080
– Brightness1 (Bright Mode) 3500 ANSI Lumens
– Contrast 25,000:1
– Lamp Life2 Eco+/Dynamic/Eco/Bright 6500/5000/5000/3000 (hrs)
– Throw Ratio 3 0.25:1
– Zoom Type Fixed
– I/O Connectors 2 x HDMI (1.4a 3D support), 2 x VGA (YPbPr/RGB), Composite, 2 x Audio In 3.5mm, Audio Out 3.5mm, VGA Out (Shared with VGA2), RJ45, RS232, USB remote mouse/service, 12V trigger, Mic In, USB-A Power, 3D-Sync
– Keystone Correction ± 20° Vertical
– Weight (kg) 4.78
– Dimensions (W x D x H) (mm) 385 x 310 x 120
– Aspect Ratio 16:9 Native, 4:3 Compatible
– Offset 118%
– Projection Screen Size 2.03 – 2.54m (80” – 100”) Diagonal 16:9
– Projection Distance 0.45 – 0.59m
– Projection Lens F/2.4; f=3.72mm, Fixed Zoom
– Computer Compatibility UXGA, SXGA, WXGA, HD, XGA, SVGA, VGA, Mac
– Video Compatibility PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N, 576i/p), NTSC (M, 4.43/3.58 MHz, 480i/p), SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L) HD (1080i, 720p)
– 3D Support Full 3D – The 3D features of Optoma projectors can only be used with compatible 3D content. Typical applications include use with 3D educational or 3D design and modelling systems. 3D TV broadcast systems, (SKY in the UK),
– Blu-ray 3D™ and 3D games from the Sony® PS3 or Microsoft® Xbox 360 are now supported as part of the HDMI v1.4a specification.
– 3D Compatibility Side-by-Side:1080i50 / 60, 720p50 / 60
– Frame-pack: 1080p24, 720p50 / 60
– Over-Under: 1080p24, 720p50 / 60
– Security Security bar, Kensington lock, password protection
– Standard Accessories AC power cord, VGA cable, remote control, battery, quick start card, CD user manual
– Optional Accessories 3D glasses, wireless
– Warranty 2 Years
The only way to understand just how good this projector performs is by watching the video review below. Enjoy.
The Optoma GT500 is all about image quality and the ability to project a huge image from a mere 30cm away from the screen or wall. It also allows projection in daylight as the image is really bright. Recommended.
More info & latest pricing on the Optoma GT5500 Projector
Optoma GT1080e Projector Review
2 thoughts on “Optoma GT5500 Projector Review – Ultra Short Throw at its best!”
Thank you for the review. Do these latest generation projectors allow wireless connections, like DNLA, WiFi direct etc?
Optoma sell to accessories that help with the wireless part. The Optoma HDCast Pro. This is compatible with airplay , miracast, and DLNA. It’s works at 1080p. I haven’t used this but it just plugs into one of the hdmi ports on the projector. Another option is plugging an Amazon Fire stick or chrome cast etc