Apple iPhone, Services, Mac and Apple Watch Set All-Time Records.
“CUPERTINO, California — January 31, 2017 — Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2017 first quarter ended December 31, 2016. The Company posted all-time record quarterly revenue of $78.4 billion and all-time record quarterly earnings per diluted share of $3.36. These results compare to revenue of $75.9 billion and earnings per diluted share of $3.28 in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 64 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
“We’re thrilled to report that our holiday quarter results generated Apple’s highest quarterly revenue ever, and broke multiple records along the way. We sold more iPhones than ever before and set all-time revenue records for iPhone, Services, Mac and Apple Watch,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “Revenue from Services grew strongly over last year, led by record customer activity on the App Store, and we are very excited about the products in our pipeline.”
Our outstanding business performance resulted in a new all-time record for earnings per share, and over $27 billion in operating cash flow,” said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO. “We returned nearly $15 billion to investors through share repurchases and dividends during the quarter, bringing cumulative payments through our capital return program to over $200 billion.”
WOW – APPLE IS SURELY DOOMED (NOT).
Note the additional points below which are mind blowing TBH –
– 78.3 million iPhones sold with average price per iPhone up by $4 dollars. This was driven by the higher priced Plus models/higher storage options. This is also a new record for number of iPhones sold.
– China – sales decreased by 12% from this time last year
– 13 million iPads (19% drop) and 5 million MACs were sold (MACs returned to growth too)
– $7 billion made in services – huge number and this is only going to get bigger
– $4 billion in other services which includes Apple TV, Apple Watch, Beats products, iPod and Apple-branded and third-party accessories (8% decline)
– Apple Watch – best quarter for units and revenue – demand was so high they couldn’t keep up!
– AirPods – Apple still trying to catch up with demand!
– Enterprise – major partners with IBM, Cisco, SAP and many more
– HomeKit – best level of security – loads more products announced this month. Also Apple is unmatched when it comes to securing your home with HomeKit-enabled door locks, garage doors, and alarm systems
– Apple Pay transactional volume up 500%