Welcome to my first impressions of the Huawei P8 that I received yesterday.
The official specifications are –
– Display 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080); 424ppi
– Processor Hisilicon Kirin 930; 8-core 64-bit; 2.0 GHz
– Operating system Android 5.0 Lollipop
– Storage 16GB on-board
– RAM 3GB
– Network GRA_L09: TDD LTE: B40 FDD LTE: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B17/B18/B19/B20/B25/B26/B28 UMTS: 800(B6,Japan)/800(B19,Japan)/850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
GRA_UL00: TDD LTE: B38/B39/B40/B41 (2555MHz~2655MHz) FDD LTE:B1/B3/B4/B7 UMTS: 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz(B8/B5/B4/B2/B1) GSM : Main card: 850/900/1800/1900MHz; Second card: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
– Rear camera 13MP with OIS, 1080p video, 4-color RGBW sensor
– Front camera 8MP
– Dimensions 144.9mm x 72.1mm x 6.4mm
– Weight 144g
– Colours Mystic Champagne, Titanium Grey, Gold, Carbon Black
– GPS GPS/A-GPS/Glonass/BDS(BeiDou Navigation Satellite System)
– Connectivity 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, microUSB
– Sensors G-sensor; Gyroscope sensor; Ambient Light sensor; Proximity sensor; Compass, Accelerometer
– UI EMUI 3.1
– Battery 2680 mAh
My first impressions started from opening the box and admiring the beautiful unibody design. Just check out the photos of the unboxing and the phone itself. I will be writing my full review in due course, but if you do have any questions, please let me know.
Hopefully you noticed the box presentation. The Huawei P8 is thin, very thin, and to highlight this point, you have to pull the phone out of the box from the side. All the contents were neatly packaged too.
I asked my wife of her views of the P8 and she also agreed with me that it looked beautiful.
If you would like to get an idea of how the camera performs, please look at my other post with some camera shots from the P8. Click here https://gavinsgadgets.com/2015/06/26/huawei-p8-camera-shots/
If you have any questions, please let me know so I can incorporate the answers in my review.