So Apple held their spring keynote speech yesterday and it was one monster of a sales pitch.
The key points –
– iPhone SE announced – the iPhone 5S with iPhone 6S specs. 16gb starts in UK at £359. 64gb is £439.
– iOS 9.3 launched – Night Shift, Touch ID for Notes, improvements to News, Car Play, Apple Health and other smaller bug fixes and tweaks for various apps
– iPad Pro – this time at 9.7 inches. 32gb, 128gb and 256gb versions.
– Reduction in pricing for Apple Watch and new bands
– Siri search for Apple TV 4th Gen plus tvOS update
– Apple Watch update allows pairing more than one Apple Watch to an iPhone
– Details on environmental policy and progress
On the face of it, the Apple Keynote could have seemed quite boring but actually it was a stroke of genius. Here’s my thoughts why –
– Apple now have a fully featured flagship specced iPhone for sale at £359 in the UK. That is really going to so many other brands. On contract, this phone is likely going to be free. Despite the trend towards larger phones, many will opt for this. Also, Apple now have a new iPhone to buy mid year and prior to the launch of the new iPhone release in September 2016. This will push iPhone sales even higher.
– Price reduction on the Apple Watch just as you allow more than one watch to be paired with an iPhone. Plus new bands. This will create repeat sales and bring people to the table who haven’t got an Apple Watch due to the lower price point.
– iPad Pro 9.7 inch. Apple repeatedly told everyone that the iPad Pro 9.7 inch was the perfect upgrade for you with your 5 years old windows pc and for those with ageing iPads. Apple kept repeating this was the iPad upgrade that was worth upgrading too. In addition, Apple included a 256gb storage option to help rake in the money.
So there you have it. A great sales pitch by the best marketeers in the business!