Well this delicious slice of moist chocolate cake will only set you back 29 calories.
That means a quarter of the entire cake is 58 calories. It’s filling too.
On Twitter I had a lot of comments when I posted a photo of this cake slice and it’s calories that it wasn’t possible to be that low. My wife had baked the cake so I knew she wouldn’t be wrong but what I didn’t know was it was a cake recipe from Nigella Lawson.
Below are ingredients. All credit to Nigella Lawson. Happy baking 😀
– 150 ml regular olive oil (plus more for greasing)
– 50 grams good-quality cocoa powder (sifted)
– 125 ml boiling water
– 2 teaspoons best vanilla extract
– 150 grams ground almonds (or 125g plain flour / 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour)
– ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– 1 pinch of salt
– 200 grams caster sugar
– 3 large eggs
For more information on how to bake this gem, head over to Nigella Lawson.
UPDATE – seems my myfitnesspal has the calories incorrect. Based on my own calculations and thanks to Kev for highlighting as well, it’s more like 400 calories per slice.