Welcome to my review of the HiFiMan Jade 2 Electrostatic headphones and amp combo. The combined retail price of the headphones and amp are $2,500, but these can be bought separately.
– Electrostatic speed and details that reach each from the deepest lows all the way to 90KHz
– Nanotech Driver that is less than 0.001mm
– Nano Particle thick dust cover for near perfect sound transmission
– Open-Back Design for an expanded, more intimately enveloping sound stage with natural sonics that place the listener in the best seat in the house.
– Frequency Response : 7Hz-90kHz
– Bias Voltage : 550V-650V
– Weight : 365g (12.9oz)
– Weight : 6.5kg (14.3lb)
Music tracks used for this review along with my thoughts.
– Florian Christel, Encore– classical genre, great timbre. Piano feels as the keys being pressed in front of you , timing is fast & energetic
–Ola Gjeilo , Luminous Night – voices are superb with a beautiful tone.
– Bach Sonata for Viola da Gamba & Harpsichord No. 3 in G Minor – loved the entire presentation and instrument separation.
– Bee Gees, Heart like Mine , vocals are heavenly, picked up tone of the artists so well.
– Sarah McLachlan, Ice – her voice & guitar. again picks up her lovely tone and guitar So moving.
– Jewel, Enter from the East – pick up the nuances in the tracks. Little details. I could listen to this track so many times.
– Bruce Springsteen, Paradise – the husky vocals/voice really well produced.
– Lucinda Williams , You can’t rule me – feels like the amp could do with more power, bit harsh on the vocals.
– Dua Lipa , Hallucinate, good mid bass, lacking sub bass.
Expressive, delightful sounding electrostatic headphones which would benefit from an even more powerful electrostatic amp.