I have been thinking what to do next with my website Gavin’s Gadgets. It will turn 4 years old this December.
I remember starting it on a whim just before Christmas 2012 because another one of my favourite websites had decided to shutter its doors. So I downloaded the WordPress app on my iPad, setup Gavin’s Gadgets in a few minutes and bashed out my first post.
When I started I honestly had no idea where it would go. Would it be dead in a few months, would anybody be bothered to read it. Now writing reviews wasn’t new to me, I had written reviews, beta tested software for over 10 years before I started Gavin’s Gadgets.
So over the years, each year in terms of visitors and traffic, the numbers has grown exponentially, far more than I imagined possible. But then it got me thinking, what is more important, visitor numbers or content or something else. August 2016 was an epic month in terms of statistics.
As Gavin’s Gadgets has grown I have had to re-organise and tweak the menus and design. Organisational skills have never been my strength but at least now using the menu option you can find reviews on over 400 different devices. Of course, if you have a tech question, try entering it in the search box. Often the answer is revealed (hopefully).
So my next question to myself and one I have been pondering for a while, is what is the future for Gavin’s Gadgets. Gavin’s Gadgets is not my day job, it is what I do in my limited spare time. I enjoy it too. But my day job always takes priority. Gavin’s Gadgets doesn’t produce any revenue. I do have an Amazon Affiliates account (link in the Menu, About Me/Help) and a tiny tiny amount of advertising. I deliberately keep the adverts to a minimum so you can read the content. The few pennies raised helps towards running Gavin’s Gadgets. Please please if you buy anything on Amazon UK, head over via my Amazon link. Thank you.
So what is the future for Gavin’s Gadgets?
– Well, I wouldn’t mind some thoughts and ideas on what you would like to see.
– Over the last year or so I have done more reviews which has meant less news. Perhaps you would like more news and less reviews?
– I even have documented my 8 week 800 calories a day diet. Would you like more articles on food, health and fitness with a tech slant?
– I have produced video reviews to compliment the written reviews. Do you like these or want more or less of these?
– Or maybe some posts on apps and how to get more out of your phone?
– I have also written more reviews on headphones and audio gear? Would you like more or less of these?
– Maybe you have another idea. Please let me know.
Finally, thank you for visiting 🙂
Reviews coming soon include –
– Honor 8
– BlackBerry DTEK50
– Apple iPhone 7 Plus
– Apple AirPods
– Beats Wireless Solo 3
– Apple iPhone 7 cases
– Apple Watch Series 2