Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today unveiled the Samsung Gear S, the next generation smart wearable device that expands the smartphone experience to the wrist. The new Samsung Gear S delivers an up-to-date smart wearable experience with 3G connectivity and wearable optimised features to meet the evolving needs of consumers.
The Samsung Gear S features a 2-inch curved Super AMOLED display, providing a richer view with a beautiful and easy-to-use user interface. It allows users to read messages and notifications at a single glance with features such as conversation view and condensed font. The Samsung Gear S’s chic, curved design fits comfortably around the contours of the wrist, while its customizable screen options and changeable straps empower users to express their own taste and style.
The Samsung Gear S extends its communication capabilities to include 3G as well as Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, allowing users to stay informed with seamless notifications from social networks, calendars and applications even when away from their phone. It lets users to instantly reply to incoming messages using the onscreen keyboard, or utilize enhanced S voice functionality to ensure tasks can be completed immediately. Finally, with Samsung Gear S, people can seamlessly make and receive calls directly from their wrist, or get calls forwarded from their smartphones.
The Samsung Gear S allows consumers to control how they want to connect, switching easily between 3G and Bluetooth connections, and automatically synchronizing information when paired to a smartphone.
The Samsung Gear S provides easy access to relevant information through essential widgets and combined notification boards. Its powerful features include turn-by-turn pedestrian navigation provided by HERE, a 24-hour news and views service from The Financial Times ‘fastFT’, works together with advanced-reading technology from Spritz, and the ability to see and respond to important social notifications instantly with Facebook. Together, these features allow users to be live and actionable while on the go.
The Samsung Gear S is also a perfect health and fitness companion with more enhanced multi-sensors, built-in GPS, and robust S Health features. In addition, applications such as Nike+ Running allow users to track their runs and stay motivated while on the move, without their smartphone.
Samsung Gear S Product Specifications –
– Network -900/2100 or 850/1900 (3G) 900/1800 or 850/1900 (2G)
– Display -2.0” Super AMOLED (360 x 480)
– APDual core 1.0 GHz OS
– Tizen based wearable platform
– Audio Codec: MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+ Format: MP3, M4A, WMA, AAC, OGG
– Features Communications: – 2G, 3G Call, Bluetooth Call
– Contacts, Notifications, Messages, Emails, QWERTY Keyboard
– Health & Fitness: – S Health, Nike+ Running
– Information:- Schedule, News, Navigation, Weather
– Media:- Music Player, Gallery
– S Voice, Find My Device, Power Saving Mode IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
– Samsung Services
– Samsung Gear Apps
– Connectivity WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, A-GPS/Glonass Bluetooth®: 4.1 USB: USB 2.0
– Sensor Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, UV, Barometer
– RAM: 512MB Storage: 4GB Internal Memory
– Dimension 39.8 x 58.3 x 12.5T
– Battery 300mAh Li-ion
– Typical Usage 2days
This looks like a solid offering from Samsung, just a shame it runs Tizen and not Android Wear.